How to make CBD Honey Sticks
Whether you are looking for an easy way to prepare your dose of cannabidiol in advance, or are seeking a unique idea for gift giving, these CBD edibles are perfect. CBD honey is delicious on its own but can also be added to your favourite hot or cold beverages, baked goods, and even dinner dishes. Any recipe that calls for honey, and even those that don’t can be easily made into CBD edibles with a small amount of this cannabinoid infused goodness added at just the right time. The options for creating new and exciting CBD edibles are endless when you have some infused honey on hand, so let’s get started in showing you how to make your own CBD honey sticks at a fraction of the inflated retail prices.
CBD honey sticks recipe
These honey sticks are perfect for measuring out individual doses that are super easy to grab on the go. If you are unable to purchase the tiny storage containers, then you can use any liquid proof container instead. Just be careful, as plastic products will not heat well, and may leach into the CBD honey if they are filled while the liquid is still hot.
- 500mg of CBD oil (or CBD isolate)
- 24 ounces of organic honey
- 1 saucepan
- 1 thermometer
- 1 glass measuring cup
- 1 metal stirring tool
- Place the measuring cup into the saucepan and fill the pan approximately ¾ of the way full of water to create a double boiler.
- Add the CBD oil to the measuring cup and turn the burner on to medium heat.
- Use the thermometer to determine when the liquid has reached just under 35 Celsius.
- Now you can pour the honey into the measuring cup and allow the water to reach 35 Celsius exactly. You will need to maintain this temperature for the next 30 minutes while the infusion takes place. Stir the mixture frequently during this time.
- After half an hour, you can remove the saucepan from the burner, and set the honey in a safe place to cool.
- Once cooled to a safe handling temperature, you can pour the CBD honey into storage containers to pack away for later.
It is important to remember that though the liquids appear to have thoroughly combined, they will begin to separate over time. When this occurs, you will need to stir the mixture to ensure the dosage and texture returns to normal before using it. CBD honey can be kept in a kitchen cupboard for approximately one month before the cannabinoids will begin to degrade, so try not to make too large of a batch in advance, or some of it might go to waste.